Monday, May 19, 2014

Sucking Cider Through a Straw

By Michael Alumbaugh © 2004, 2014

This silly little ditty was adapted from a folk song by the same name. I had fun with it. (Mental images of this make me laugh.) The title is about the only thing left in tact. All of it is original but that. (Hey! That rhymed!)

The prettiest gal I ever saw
Was sucking cider through a straw.
I asked that gal, as I stood in awe,
How she sucked that cider through that straw?

Then cheek to cheek, and jaw to jaw,
We sucked that cider through our straws.
When all at once the my straw did slip!
I sucked some cider from her lip!

And now I got me a Mother-in-law
From sucking cider through that straw.
Yes, now I got the best Mother-in-law
From sucking cider through that straw.

So if the prettiest gal you ever saw
Is sucking cider through a straw,
You might just get you a Mother-in-law
From sucking cider through a straw.

From sucking cider through . . . a . . . straw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooky and the Circuit Ridin' Preacher and the Snake

By Michael L. Alumbaugh, © Oct. 16, 2010, 2023 (Words to Amazing Grace by John Newton (1725-1807) Artwork "Apache Ambush" by Frede...